Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our God

There is a song on the radio that I love and wanted to share with you...




Our God is definitely greater than any other. Over this past year, especially this past month God has shown us over and over how great He truly is. He has provided financially in ways I could have never imagined...I'll save that story for another post! And He has shown His healing hand...

When Josie was born we noticed an extra little dimple at the base of her spine. The doctors wanted to check it out to make sure it wasn't a tethered spine or a cyst. We were not too alarmed because Riley had the same thing when she was born and when the docs checked it out it was nothing. Of course the doctors wanted to take a look at Josie's so they did an ultrasound when she was just a few days old. I was relieved when they told us her spine looked fine but devastated when they said she had a some type of cyst. They wanted to do an MRI to investigate the cyst further. Initially they scheduled for her to have the MRI when she was just two weeks old but the children's hopsital who would be perfomring the MRI suggested we wait until she was at least 6 months old because she would have to be sedated.

After my initial devastation, tears, and fears, we prayed and laid it in God's hands. I knew I couldn't spend the next 6 months fretting. Once I gave it to God I truly felt at peace and we started praying that God would just take the cyst away. The past 6 months flew by and her MRI was scheduled for this past Friday. Again, I felt at peace about the cyst but had a little apprehension for her to be sedated.

Long story short, she did wonderful through the process...never fussed or cried, went right to sleep, and had no side effects. The best part...within a few hours our pediatrician called to tell us that everything was perfectly NORMAL!!!! Praise the Lord! OUR GOD IS GREATER AND OUR GOD IS HEALER!

Josie pre-sedation...

Josie post-sedation...

No comments: