Monday, February 21, 2011

Strolling down memory lane...

Well everyone at our house, except Josie thank God, has been sick this weekend. Phil started last week with a bad cold-congestion, coughing, and body aches. Riley and I started with it Friday and it hit us hardest last night. Today my thoughtful mother-in-law has us at her house to give me some time to relax and help out with Riley. So I'm going to take advantage of the time and post some pictures real quick...


With Mamaw's passing has come the task of cleaning out her house. She lived in a big house on a 100+ acre farm where my mom and her siblings grew up. Sadly because of nursing home and caretaker expenses, my family had to sell her farm back in the fall but she got to stay in the house. It was so hard going back in the house with her not there and things so familiar to me being emptied out. Yet it was great to reminisce on such wonderful memories at Mamaw's house.



I LOVE antiques and appreciate the details of Mamaw's house like these mantles. I wish we could take them with us!



This is where so many of us grandkids have made memories...on her stairs. No telling how many bottoms have slid down those steps or banister!




Another love of mine is old barns. I think the inside of Mamaw's is so neat and loved how the sun streamed through.
Another one of my favorite places at Mamaw's, the creek. We spent SO much time down here playing in the sand and running back and forth across the rocks that use to lead from one side to the other. Daddy and Riley waded through thanks to some "not-so-waterproof boots" as Daddy found out later!

So many memories that will never be forgotten in this old house and on this farm.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Thank you, thank you for your blog about Mom's place. What a good picture of the girls on her steps!!

miranda said...

Hope you got some good rest today and are feeling better. Joe is in the trenches fighting off his cold. It's been wicked.
Love the pictures of your grandma's place. It is very beautiful, I'm sure memories make it all the more sweet.