Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My baby is growing up...

Josie had her 6 month check-up yesterday. I can't believe she's 6 months old! It just seems like we brought her home from the hospital! She's growing like a weed...in the 85th percentile for her weight, and suprisingly her height. I say that because Riley was always below average for her height so I was shocked when they told us that. Two more inches and she'll have to graduate to a big car seat!



The doc also told us we could start her on rice cereal then fruits and veggies in a few weeks. This was a sad day for Mommy! I have been her sole source of food for the past 6 months and I love knowing that I'm providing that for my baby. I will continue to nurse but the idea of her eating solid foods just reminds me that she won't be my baby for much longer!


I was very surpised at how quickly and easy she took to eating the cereal. With Riley it took her a bit to get the hang of eating from a spoon and she didn't seem to like the consistency so it seemed she spit out more than she took in. Not Josie! As soon as that spoon headed to her mouth she opened up wide like she knew exactly what she was doing!


No comments: